On January 20, 2014 thousands of “Dreamers” throughout Metro Atlanta will assemble to honor the legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
Dr. King never stopped asking the question, “What are you doing for others?”
Partnership for Southern Equity (PSE) shares Dr. King’s charge of realizing the “Beloved Community” by working with its regional partners to increase opportunity and access for all in Metro Atlanta. It is important to re-position equity and inclusion as essential elements of long-term prosperity for our communities and industry. Our daily work focuses on creating the conditions for shared prosperity by increasing balanced access in the areas of transportation, economic opportunity, equitable development and energy.
Our core programs and tactics include:
- Strengthening Atlanta’s Equity Eco-System – Growing relationships, capacity and partnerships between “common” and “uncommon” allies for shared prosperity
- Just Transportation – Partnering with key allies, community leaders and decision makers to push for balanced, diverse and accessible transportation options in Metro Atlanta.
- Just Growth – The Metro Atlanta Equity Atlas (MAEA) mapping tool and complimentary report leverages research, storytelling and thought leader perspectives to amplify the importance of equitable growth in realizing a more viable region.
- Just Opportunity – Promoting best practices, partnerships and policies that realize economic development in ways that are both lucrative and just
- Just Energy – Works to realize clean energy solutions and decision making that are sensitive to the needs and aspirations of all current (and future) consumers
By amplifying best practices and the voices of marginalized communities and equity advocates, our daily work focuses on promoting equity as “the superior growth model” for our region.
But, we can’t continue to do it alone.
How can you help? We are in need of funds to continue to provide our core programs and ensure that our infrastructure remains solid. Your one-time or recurring donation can be made on our securely online at www.psequity.org/donate.
Suggested giving levels:
Whether you choose to support one of our core programs or provide general operating support, we are most appreciative of any amount that you can give. No amount is too small and all level sponsors will be acknowledged on our website and in our annual report.
We thank you in advance for getting involved and making a difference in the lives of the children, families and communities we serve.
Together we prosper!DONATE