- This event has passed.
Health Equity: Economic Inequity-The Urgency of Closing the Gap
August 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm EDT
Please join us for the 3rd installment of the Health Equity: The Urgency of Now webinar series: Economic Inequity–The Urgency of Closing the Gap. This will take place on August 27, 2020, from 10 am – 12 pm. In collaboration with Partnership for Southern Equity, this session will focus on existing economic inequity in metro Atlanta and statewide, and the threats to worsen those inequities in the COVID-19 environment. Our speakers will share how economic inequity affects all Georgians and will discuss policy recommendations to mitigate these impacts.
We will hear from the following speakers (bios included in the registration link):
- Moderated by: Maria Thacker Goethe, CEO of Center for Global Health Innovation
- Sandra Barnhill, CEO of Foreverfamily, Inc.
- Co-presenter: Marilynn Wynn, Co-Founder and Executive Director of Women on the Rise
- Erin Hernandez, President/CEO of Northwest GA Regional Cancer Coalition
- Ray Khalfani, Research Associate at Georgia Budget and Policy Institute
Hope to see you there!!