Join the SURJE!
The SURJE Summit is geared towards establishing equity and racial justice for disinvested communities of color. We will convene national partners, allies, and friends for learning, dialogue, and healing.
We invite you to join the SURJE!
Set against the backdrop of a culturally rich and soulful city, we will come together as a call-to-action for the mobilization of a just equity ecosystem and unite in the spirit of restoration, exploring Memphis and its offerings.
Memphis and Atlanta will always have a psychic connection due to the history and legacy of Dr. King. The work of organizing sanitation workers in the 1960’s is emblematic of the work we are doing today at PSE. We invite you to join us to begin the process of building the future we want together and creating a movement to spark national change that is anchored in the South.
Keynote and Plenary Speakers
- Taifa Smith Butler – President, Demos
- Michael MacAfee – CEO & President, PolicyLink
- Sheila Foster -- Professor, Urban Law and Policy, Georgetown University
- Ruth Ann Norton – President & CEO, Green and Health Homes Initiative
- Zoe Oli – CEO, Beautiful Curly Me
- Candice Simmons – Wells Fargo
- Tamieka Mosley – Director, Grantmakers for Southern Progress
- Flozell Daniels, Jr. - Chief Executive Officer, Mary Reynolds Babock Foundation
- Melanie Allen - Co-Director, Hive Fund
- Tiffany Friesen - Vice President of Programs & Partnerships, Philanthropy Southeast
- Helen Chin – President, Communities First
- Roshun Auston – President/CEO, The Works Inc.
- Cheneé Joseph – President & CEO, Historic District Development Corporation
- Ashleigh Gardere -- Executive Vice President, PolicyLink
- Tamieka Atkins – Executive Director, ProGeorgia
- Pat Smith
*subject to change
The SURJE Summit is 3 days of learning, collaboration, and sharing.
Download the Whova app now!
Whova is an easy-to-use app that lets you keep up with Summit sessions, connect and network with other attendees, and share your experiences.
It's free and available for iOS and Android devices!
Becoming a sponsor of the SURJE Summit is a unique opportunity for companies to invest in the professional development of their employees while also demonstrating their commitment to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a corporate sponsor, your company will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of the movement for racial equity and social justice. By supporting our summit, you will gain valuable insights and tools to create a more inclusive society while also networking with other organizations that share your commitment and vision. Your investment sends a powerful message that your company is committed to creating a more equitable and just world.
Please join us today and take the first step towards a more inclusive and equitable future.